Computer Backup Services
Losing your data, whether it be family pictures or years of business data can be a horrendous experience.
Having a recent backup of all your important data can be a real life saver in case of drive failure or a ransomware attack.
At act computers we provide all the tools, hardware and expertise you need for both local & cloud-based data backup.
Tips to protect your data
BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!
Always keep a current copy of your data on a secondary storage device. Test and verify your backups regularly. Keep at least one verified
copy off site and secured.
2. INVEST IN A COMPREHENSIVE BACKUP STRATEGY.
Consult your local computer service provider about the right backup solution for you.
3. BACK UP AND VERIFY YOUR DATA
before preforming any system upgrade.
4. INVEST IN AN UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY
(UPS) for all you computer equipment to protect against power spikes, blackouts, and other power issues.
5. TURN OFF EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICES ONLY AFTER SHUTTING DOWN THE COMPUTER
to avoid possible directory corruption.
6. PURCHASE AN ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION
Subscribe to the automatic update feature to limit the opportunity of being infected by a new virus.
7. DO NOT MOVE A DRIVE WHILE IT IS POWERED ON.
Physical damage could occur resulting in data loss.
8. PROVIDE ADEQUATE SPACE
around your computer equipment to allow for air circulation.
9. IF THE DRIVE WAS PREVIOUSLY IN A VERY COLD ENVIRONMENT,
allow it to warm up to room temperature before operating.
10. IF YOU HEAR UNUSUAL NOISES, TURN OFF THE UNIT IMMEDIATELY
Today's home PC's have more data stored on them than ever before.
Documents, pictures, videos and so much more data could be lost if not properly backup up.
But do you backup on a regular basis?