Computer Backup Services
Losing your data, whether it be family pictures or years of business data can be a horrendous experience.
Having a recent backup of all your important data can be a real life saver in case of drive failure or a ransomware attack.
At act computers we provide all the tools, hardware and expertise you need for both local & cloud-based data backup.
Tips to protect your data
1. BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!
Always keep a current copy of your data on a secondary storage device. Test and verify your backups regularly. Keep at least one verified
copy off site and secured.
2. INVEST IN A COMPREHENSIVE BACKUP STRATEGY.
Consult your local computer service provider about the right backup solution for you.
3. BACK UP AND VERIFY YOUR DATA
before preforming any system upgrade.
4. INVEST IN AN UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY
(UPS) for all you computer equipment to protect against power spikes, blackouts, and other power issues.
5. TURN OFF EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICES ONLY AFTER SHUTTING DOWN THE COMPUTER
to avoid possible directory corruption.
6. PURCHASE AN ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION
Subscribe to the automatic update feature to limit the opportunity of being infected by a new virus.
7. DO NOT MOVE A DRIVE WHILE IT IS POWERED ON.
Physical damage could occur resulting in data loss.
8. PROVIDE ADEQUATE SPACE
around your computer equipment to allow for air circulation.
9. IF THE DRIVE WAS PREVIOUSLY IN A VERY COLD ENVIRONMENT,
allow it to warm up to room temperature before operating.
10. IF YOU HEAR UNUSUAL NOISES, TURN OFF THE UNIT IMMEDIATELY
It is absolutely crucial to backup company data on a regular basis, preferably every day.
In the old days of limited storage and tape drives it used to be quite a chore to keep backups running smoothly. Today all that is a thing of the past.
With network storage (NAS) devices and cloud backup there is just no excuse not to backup.